Arctic Husky Travellers follows all rules and guidelines given by the Norwegian authorities and the Governor of Svalbard (Sysselmesteren) has approved our strict infection control plan. The safety of our guests (and our dogs) are our highest priority!
We offer our guests to cancel with 97,5 % refund or postphone the untill 48 hours before the trip – booked directly through Arctic Husky Travellers starts, if you have to cancel or postphone your holiday dye to COVID-19 related circumstances (travel restrictions, imposed quarentene periodes etc.). This must be documentet with relevant documentaion. For other cancellations our normal cancellation policy applies. We encourage all our guests who wish to cancel to change the dates of their booking instead – free of charge (with the exeption of price difference of the different trips).
Visit Svalbard and Arctic Husky Travellers ask all our guests to follow following advices:
• If you have a fever, symptoms of a respiratory infection, feel unwell, or have been in contact with someone who has been diagnosed with an infection, we want you to stay at home. If symptoms occur while you are in Svalbard, you should be isolated in the hotel room or where you live. It is important that you convey that you are ill to local health authorities (call Longyearbyen Hospital).
• Keep a distance of 1 meter at all times. Both guides and guests have to wear face mask when 1 meter distance is not possible.
• Be careful with your hand hygiene! We expect you to disinfect (or wash) your hands frequently.
• In front of the expedition you will be told to fill out an infection trace form. This is a mandatory requirement for us to be able to take our guests on a trip. All data is deleted after 14 days.
• All personal equipment (clothes, sleeping bags etc.) is disinfected after the expedition.
• Any person who shows any symptoms of COVID-19 (headache, fever, cough, runny/stuffy nose, sore throat) must not participate in the expedition. No refund will be given if you are refused to join the expedition due to symptoms. We ask you to not show up on the trip if you experience any symptoms.
• If you experience any symptoms of COVID-19 during the expedition you must inform your guide immediately. You will be isolated from the rest of the expedition group and if nessesary transported back to Longyearbyen.
• You will not be allowed to enter the plane towards Longyearbyen if you are in quarentaine. If you get put into quraentaine while visiting Longyearbyen, you will not be allowed to travel back to the mainland before you quarentine is finished.